Street plays are a powerful method of communication and have a profound role in the history of India. In recent years street plays have picked up the pace and have gained an image of a more ethical nature with just the right kind of fun. Fittingly know as ‘Nukkad Natak’, it involves presentation in an outdoor public space, without any specific paying audience but a fairly large group of random people. These spaces can be anywhere, including malls, car parks, street corners, etc. These are much intimate, brief, direct and address the social/political message head-on with the help of drama.
As street play performers, one might face certain challenges, particularly of monetary nature. Crowdfunding India may actually help you overcome some of these said challenges and get you the financial support you need. The catchy phrases and songs, called Jingles, stimulating script, loudness, and humor help in making a strong and lasting effect on the viewers. If targeted to the youth, these plays have the power to create awareness and lead the way towards positive change.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while using crowdfunding websites in India to raise funds for your street play:
- Make sure your crowdfunding campaign speaks ardently and clearly about the social cause you are tackling through your street play. People will support your campaign when they are made aware of how important and deserving it is.
- Partner up with famous celebrities, particularly in the dramatic space. This will help your campaign gain an edge. If your cause is noteworthy, you’ll surely find a personality to link your campaign with.
- You can double your supporter base by collaborating with NGOs and nonprofits that are also working towards the same cause that you’re propagating consciousness about.
- Put up little teaser clips of your practice sessions to attract people’s attention and get them involved in your cause. Attract them by delivering subtle hints about the date and the venue of your performance, without revealing the full details.
- It is very important to let your donors know how you plan to use their money. Make sure to give full details of the fund utilization – be it makeup, props, costume or renting rehearsal space.
With these simple tips, you’ll surely hit the right notes, and gain the support of the perfect audience. Start your fundraising campaign with Impact Guru, today!